Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Me time!

There are so many things going on in our everyday lives that to add something new or to even think about "me time" is just not happening. How I would love to take a class, go to the gym, meditate or even go on a date with my husband. Oh boy have I played that in my head so many times. So many, I lost count!

 I can remember having to get the kids off to school, cleaning the house, work and then here comes the after school stuff. Our children loved to keep busy were in a lot of after school activities. So we where always on the go. As I sit back now and think of those times I smile and miss them. But now that those times are over what is my excuse now??? What is stopping me from "me time" ?

I have noticed at times I choose to allow myself to be preoccupied with other things. I have replaced the running around Mommy roll with other things. Yes it is ok to assist people, family and friends. It is great to be a good person. But the one thing I found out a few years ago was I have to remember me.

The best way I can help and love others is to help me first. So I decided that I would schedule time with myself to do something that would be fulfilling to me. Whether it be a yoga class, get my nails done, or something as simple as sitting and meditating.

All you need to start is even just 15 minutes. Somewhere in your schedule you should be able to find that at least. I would prefer for you to take a hour or two, but sometimes that is not possible. Just think, If you were ill you would have to find time to go to the doctors. So just try this "me time". It can't hurt!

Let me know what activities you like to do for your me time!




No comments:

Post a Comment